Love Ever After How-To's
- Canvas tote bags
- Ruffled or pleated trim
- Fabric hot glue sticks and hot glue gun or Fabri-tac
- Fabric scissors
- Soft tape measure
- Fray check
TO CREATE THE RUFFLE EDGED TOTE
1. To determine the length of trim you will need, measure around the bag from 1” in on the inside down the front, around the bottom, up the back side and 1” into the other side of the bag.
2. Cut two pieces of the trim to size.
PRO TIP: If you have trim that is made of a material that frays, use fray check on the edges.
3. Begin gluing the trim onto the bag by gluing 1” of trim to the inside, down the front of the bag, around the bottom, up the back and 1” onto the inside.
PRO TIP: Fabric hot glue has a milky color, if using dark or sheer trim, use Fabri-tac which dried
4. Repeat step 3 on the other side, allow the glue to dry and enjoy!
TO CREATE THE LAYERED RUFFLE TOTE
1. To determine the length of trim you will need, measure around the bag and add about 2” for overlap of your material.
2. From the bottom up, glue the trim on in horizontal rows.
PRO TIP: The more layers you do the more “ruffle-y” the bag will look!
3. Continue adding layers until your reach the top. Allow the glue to dry. Enjoy!
TO CREATE THE HEART SHAPED RUFFLE BAG
1. To roughly measure out how long you need each piece of trim to be, make a heart shape on the bag without gluing it down, cut the trim to necessary length to work.
2. Glue the trim for each side of the heart in place. Make sure the edges of the trim are completely vertical at the bottom to create the point of the heart, and the trim curves at the top so the trim edges are horizontal in the center.
3. Cut a piece of pleather to create the heart in the center.
4. Glue the heart on top.
5. Use Fabri-tac to add cording around the edges of the heart to create a crisp outline of the heart.