Get Creative with Home & Family's Activity Center Recipes & DIYs
- Oven-bake clay
- Card stock, free template (thinkmakeshareblog.com)
- Acrylic Craft paint
- Paint pens
- Rolling pin
- Craft knife
- Hot glue/glue gun
- 1” brooch pin backs
Download the free template from Think.Make.Share here.
1. Download and print templates onto card stock or use your own design.
2. Preheat the oven to the temperature suggested on the label of your clay.
3. Knead the clay as directed to get it ready, then roll it out on a clean surface, 1/4″ thick.
4. Place your card stock designs on the clay to use as a template, cut out with a craft knife.
5. Follow package instructions for baking the clay.
6. If you’re going to tie your designs with string, make holes with a toothpick before baking.
7. Let clay cool completely before painting.
8. Paint your clay shapes; adding extra flare with paint pens.
9. Using hot glue, attach a 1” brooch pin to the back of your design. Let dry.
10. Attach pin to gifts.