Fall is right around the corner and Maria has the perfect DIY to change up your décor
DIY Wheat Decor
- ¼” Thick plywood round, 10-14 inches in diameter
- Wheat bunches or pampas grass
- Hot gun and glue sticks
- Scissors or rotary cutter
- Command strips or desired hanging hardware
- X-Acto knife and meal ruler or saw for creating “half sun” look
- Spray paint
- Paint or stain
- Paintbrush or stain rags
- Cut the wood round in half; this can be done using an X-Acto knife by using a ruler, scoring it with the X-Acto knife until it snaps. A saw can also be used. PRO TIP: if you don’t want to cut anything, create a full sunburst look by leaving the round intact.
- Paint or stain the wood if desired. Allow to dry.
- If spray painting the wheat, do so and allow it to dry completely.
- Place the wood round on a covered surface, if painted or stained place its colorful side down pre-place the wheat around the curved side of the wood round for spacing.
- Once the wheat is spaced out to your liking then attach each stalk of wheat with the hot glue gun.
- Once the glue is dry flip the wood round over and fill with more wheat if desired.
- You can create a more textured look on the wood round by creating a pattern with yarn on the wood portion, pre-arrange the yarn on the wood before cutting. Attach with a hot glue gun.
- Hang with command strips or desired hardware and enjoy!
You may also like these how-tos:
DIY Squash Hot Air Balloons >>
DIY Personalized Beaded Bracelets >>