Countdown to Christmas Holiday How-Tos
- Papier-mâché cones
- Red sweaters
- Cotton balls
- Spray Adhesive
- Fabric scissors
- Food-safe clear treat bags
- Ribbon or twine
- Hot glue and glue sticks
1. Take your sweater and pull it around the shape of your cone then pull taut.
2. Leave a 1” seam allowance for the back seam and bottom (the opening) of your cone, use your fabric scissors to cut the excess sweater fabric away from your cone.
*This should look like a triangle when laid flat. *
3. Lay the fabric flat and on a protected surface, spray with spray adhesive with the tip of your cone lined up with the tip of the fabric, line the center of the cone up with the edge of the fabric.
4. Roll the cone onto the fabric, smoothing with your hands as you go for a wrinkle free application.
5. Using Fabri-Tac, run a line of glue underneath of the raw edge of fabric on the back seam and tuck it under for a clean hem.
*You can use hot glue instead of Fabri-Tac if desired. *
6. Next, use Fabri-Tac to finish the opening of your cone by running a line of glue along the interior of the cone at the top edge and folding the excess sweater fabric into the cone, pressing as you go to secure the bond.
7. Take your cotton balls and begin to pull them apart gently, just enough to fluff them up.
8. Then Fabri-Tac the cotton balls along the exterior top edge of the opening to create the cone’s “fur” trim.
9. Fluff up one last cotton ball and glue it at the tip of cone.
10. Flip upside down, fill with treats and enjoy!