Spring Fling Recipes
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 4-5 strips bacon, crumbled
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped honey-roasted peanuts (optional)
“You’re Bacon Me Crazy” is now a Hallmark Channel original movie airing Saturday, April 4th at 9pm/8c on Hallmark Channel. Bake these cookies to enjoy while watching the movie.
Yield ~12 Cookies
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Next, prepare your bacon.
3. For extra crispy bacon, i microwave slices on a plate between layers of paper towels. I heat them on high for 4-5 minutes. You can also skillet cook them.
4. Let your crispy bacon cool. Then, crumble it into small bits.
5. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
6. In a mixer, blend softened butter and peanut butter together.
7. Slowly, add in granulated sugar and brown sugar, mixing until creamy.
8. Next, add in egg and vanilla, mixing until fluffy. Slowly add in dry ingredients, blending thoroughly. (Note my beloved vintage Kitchenaid mixer! My mom handed it down to me, but it’s actually as old as I am and works like a champ!) Stir in bacon, chocolate chips, and chopped nuts (if you’re using them).
9. If you’re a huge chocolate fan, like me, feel free to toss in extra chocolate chips. Everything’s better with bacon and chocolate!
10. Finally, place scoops of dough onto a greased or non-stick baking sheet
11. You might have to press the dough into firm balls to keep it together, as the peanut butter can make it a bit crumbly.
12. Bake the cookies for about 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown.