Lacey Chabert and Brennan Elliott
Brennan Elliott and Lacey Chabert visit Home & Family to talk about their new Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Movie, “Crossword Mysteries: A Puzzle to Die For,” which premieres Sunday, March 10th at 9/8c. They talk about how much fun they have every time they star in a movie together, which is good because there will be more “Crossword Mysteries” in the near future!
Marble Dipped Floral Cookies
Founder of “The Hutch Oven,” Emily Hutchinson is in the kitchen making a delicious batch of marble-dipped floral cookies. She promises that this recipe is fool-proof and is great for those to make at any baking level. She starts the recipe by making a homemade honey glaze. Make sure you use clear vanilla extract because regular vanilla will give the glaze a tan color and you want it to be white. For a harder cookie, let them sit overnight before serving.
DIY Friendship Bracelets
Maria Provenzano is making a fashionable bracelet that has a personal touch. This bracelet is the perfect way to celebrate International Women's Day.
Rodney Peete stops by to talk about what you can expect on Sunday’s all-new episode of “Meet the Peetes” featuring Home & Family’s very own Ken Wingard! He also shares hilarious stories from the family road trip that they recently took to Arizona. He discusses his relationship with his father, the famous coach Willie Peete, and how it helped shape him to be the man he is today.
Sweet Pink Jasmine
Shirley Bovshow is giving you professional tips on how to care for jasmine at home. Plant jasmine outside during the warmer seasons and remember to bring the flowers inside during the colder months. When the flower opens up it becomes fragrant, but at night, it closes on its own.
Actress Jodie Sweetin sits down with Cameron and Debbie to talk about the premiere of her Hallmark Channel Original Movie, “Love Under the Rainbow,” which you can watch Saturday, March 9th at 8/7c. She also brings a sweet clip from the movie for the audience to enjoy. She jokes that she is not a runner, like her character in the movie, but did recently complete a four mile race with her “Fuller House” co-stars, Andrea Barber and Candace Cameron Bure. She shares stories of how close she is to her “Fuller House” cast, especially since they have known each other for 32 years!
Bacon Cheddar Quiche
Chef and lifestyle expert Addie Gundry is making a delicious breakfast treat of bacon cheddar quiche in the kitchen. If you are not a fan of bacon, you can always use ham and if you do not want to use cheddar cheese, you can substitute in blue cheese or gruyere. When done baking this dish, remember to let the quiche rest for 15 minutes before serving.
How to Combine Design Styles
Ken Wingard and Rodney Peete team up to show you ways you can combine design styles in your household. Ken hopes to help out the Peete family, since Rodney and Holly have such different styles. Ken also brings a clip from his appearance on this Sunday’s episode of “Meet the Peetes,” which you can watch at 9/8c on Hallmark Channel.
1. Pick and Choose your items! Understand you cannot show everything. You cannot highlight all the pieces from each person. So, you really need to pick and choose those pieces that have the most sentimental value and balance them with the items that have the most aesthetic
2. Consider the Room. If it’s in a den or family room, you can lean more heavily towards the sports memorabilia, but if it’s living room, then lean towards traditional home furnishings.
3. Get percentage mixes based on the room and be consistent with materials! Every room in the house shouldn’t be sports centric, and they also shouldn’t be too traditional. Consistency within EACH room is very important - Don’t put a gold trophy in a room full of silver.
Kitchen Gadget Review
Debbie is reviewing her favorite kitchen gadgets and demonstrating how each one works!
1. Extra Large Watermelon Slicer $34.99
2. Kitchen Pro 101 Smart Tongs $13.99
3. Adjustable Cake Scraper/Smoother $8.99
All available on Amazon.com