Warm Artichoke Salad with Bacon Mustard Vinaigrette
Chef Brad Miller is in the kitchen making a delicious warm artichoke salad and pairing it with a homemade bacon mustard vinaigrette. He also shows you a short-cut to cutting artichokes to make them easier to cook. He recommends using a whole grain mustard for your vinaigrette because it will not overpower the taste.
DIY License Plate Word Art
Cameron is showing you how to take old license plates and turn them into a work of art using a wood plank and hammer. Before getting started, find old license plates on websites like eBay and Etsy. Because you are working with cutting metal, he stresses the importance of wearing safety glasses. It also helps to know ahead of time the words you want to spell out using your cut up license plates. Attach the letters to the wood plank using hot glue.
Choosing a Contractor
Contractor and carpenter Brett Tutor is giving you professional tips on how to choose the right contractor for you. He explains that you have to start with visiting BetterBusinessBureau.com to make sure your contractor’s business is legitimate.
New Do’s for Spring
Beauty expert Ami Desai is giving you the lowdown on the hottest hairstyles for spring!
- Separate your hair into pigtails
- Separate your pigtails into 2 parts & use the ribbon as the 3rd part
- Then braid down
- Take one braid & wrap it up over your head & secure with bobby pins
- Take the over braid & wrap around the top of the head & again secure with bobby pins
- Pull at braids to get volume
- Spray with hairspray
- Pick up a chunk of hair at your crown & tie a hair tie around it
- Then you’re going to make a hole above the hair tie & flip the ponytail through
- Grab another elastic band & tie it 1 inch away from the previous tie
- Flip it out of the way & grab a section below for the 1st one
- Like before insert your fingers through the previous tie & pull your new chunk of hair right through.
- Secure tightly. Go back to the pony you just pulled through & tie with hair tie
- Repeat steps again
- For the last one tie the elastic band like the others, but this time you’re going to grab the remainder of your hair.
- Then go back & gently tug some of the hair out of those braids, creating a flower petal look!
- Grab another hair tie & tie the ponytail together
- Use a fun clip for a finish
Psychotherapist and founder of Sidewalk Talk, Traci Ruble visits Home & Family which is a street listening project. It started with taking a chair on a sidewalk and a sign that read “we are here to listen” and people showed up and started talking. They have listened to about 10,000 people all over the world and she has 5,000 volunteers that help with Sidewalk Talk.
Green Monster Muffins
Author of “Your Healthiest Healthy,” Samantha Harris is in the kitchen showing you how to make nutritious and delicious green monster muffins. These muffins are a great way for kids to eat healthy. The green color comes from the spinach in the recipe. The muffins are also gluten-free. Before getting started, she soaks chia seeds in water to make them blend in better with the ingredients. She also adds that unsweetened apple sauce works as a great substitute for eggs and oil.
Alley Cat Allies
Via Facetime, Larissa Wohl is joined by Becky Robinson who is the President and founder of Allie Cat Allies, a global cat advocacy group. The group has been working tirelessly to reunite pets with their owners after the ravaging fires in northern California that happened four months ago. One of their proudest moments was reuniting a cat named Hunter with his owners after he was missing for over 60 days!
Adoption Ever After
NAME: DOG-BOO BOO
LOCATION: Charleston, SC
RESCUE: HALLIE HILL
LOCATION: LOS ANGELES, CA
RESCUE: BEST FRIENDS
DIY Seasonal Mirrors
Maria Provenzano is showing you how to update an ordinary mirror using seasonal decor. You can find most of the materials at your local craft store. When it comes representing spring, she dry brushes the wooden frame white. She uses wire cutters to trim the fake flowers. She encourages you to get as creative as you want to make your mirror look more like spring!
Aubrey and Bristol Marunde
Husband and wife duo Aubrey and Bristol Marunde sit down with Cameron and Debbie to talk about their show, “Flip or Flop Vegas.” They also discuss how they first met and quickly started flipping homes together. They bring a clip for the fans to see what they can expect with the new season of the show. The duo call their home style, “Vegas Glam” and introduce Home & Family to some dramatic before and after photos. You can catch the premiere of “Flip or Flop Vegas” on Thursday, March 21st at 9PM on HGTV.
Potty Training Hacks
Ali Fedotowksy-Manno is helping make life easier at home by showing you these easy potty training hacks.
Keep it fun!
• Leave a note for your child from the “Diaper Fairies”. Thank them for giving all their diapers to “Diaperland” and let them know they are a big boy/girl. (Optional: include a fun game as a present/thank you)
• Buy or make underwear with their favorite characters or artwork. To DIY, buy plain underwear, print out characters and artwork on iron on transfer paper and iron on to underwear.
Buy more than one potty:
• Buy multiply potties for your child. Keep one in the car, stroller, and at least one in your house. Accessibility is key.
Quick accident clean up:
• Buy disposable changing pads and keep in the car. Line car seat with one pad for easy clean up when accidents occur.
• Place a puppy pee pad underneath your child’s bed sheet. If a nighttime accident happens you can easily clean it up.
Save Toilet Paper & Water:
• Create a piece of paper with a line or marking. Place this at the appropriate height below toilet paper roll. When child reaches line, tear toilet paper for the appropriate amount.
• Change the lyrics to your favorite nursery rhyme to include words that involve washing your hands. Sing the song while washing your hands. When the song ends, your hands are clean!