Spring Fling DIYs
- Styrofoam wreath
- Bamboo skewers
- Hot glue or Fabri-tac
- Mod Podge or regular glue
- Baking sheet
- Wax paper
· Hot glue end of yarn to wreath and begin to tightly wrap around.
· Continue to wrap until the whole wreath is covered and secure with hot glue or tie with knot.
· Use bamboo skewers to create base/shape of kite. Secure with hot glue.
· Measure and cut fabric to size of kite. Attach with hot glue or fabric tac
· Add trim to kite with hot glue or fabric tac
· OPTIONAL: Glue string to kite in the shape of a “T”
· Cut fabric strips out for bows
· Fold sides and secure with hot glue to create clean edges
· Create a loop and secure together with hot glue/fabric tac
· Fold accordion style
· Wrap string around center of fabric to create bow shape.
· Repeat until you’ve created 5-6 bows. Attach bows to string with hot glue.
· Attach kite to wreath with hot glue. Wrap kite tail with bows around wreath
· Place and secure “Fly a kite” wording (with hot glue) on wreath. (*Instructions on wording below)
· Hot glue spool to wreath and wrap some string around the wreath to make it look like the same spool of string is being used through the whole wreath.
“FLY A KITE” WORDING:
· Print “Fly a kite” template
· Place wax paper on top of template
· Dip string in mod podge or glue
· Trace letters with string
· TIP: Use bamboo skewers to help shape
· Let dry for 24 hrs.