Spring Fever DIYs
- For soft hydrangeas, submerge in water for 2 hours then place in water right side up for approx. 2 hours
- To help with water flow, cut hydrangea stem at an angle. Dip in ½ inch alum spice and then place in water
Lilacs & Viburnum
- Crack stem to allow water to more easily flow upwards. Crack with hands or hammer. Peel back wood layer.
- Tulips grow approximately 2-3 inches once cut and placed in water. To prevent growth before arranging, place in dry cool place- like a refrigerator.
- For droopy tulips, prick a pin at the base of the tulip bulb to release air that gets trapped.