- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 cup (240 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons drained capers,chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup (120 g) raw cashews
- 1 (15-ounce/425-g) can navy beans, drained
- 1 cup (100 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 11/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, like Old Bay
- 11/2 cups (120 g) panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil for pan frying
- Kosher salt
- 2 baguettes, cut into thirds
- 6 to 7 radishes, thinly sliced
Put the avocado in a medium bowl and mash using a fork until almost smooth. It’s okay if there are a few lumps. Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, and capers and mix with the fork until well combined. Taste and season with salt if needed. Cover the remoulade with plastic wrap and press it onto the surface to prevent any browning. Store in the refrigerator until you build the sandwiches.
Put the cashews in the bowl of a food processor and process until small pieces are formed. Add the beans and blend for 1 minute. You do not want to form a smooth paste but leave a little texture. Transfer to a bowl and add the cheese, eggs, and seafood seasoning and stir until just combined. The filling will be loose, so be gentle when forming the nuggets. Using a 1-tablespoon scoop, portion the filling. Pat to flatten each scoop and dredge it in the bread crumbs. You should make about 24 nuggets.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat. Working in batches, fry the nuggets in the hot oil, turning once, until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Add more oil if the pan looks dry. Remove with a spatula and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Season with salt.
Assemble the Sandwiches:
Split each baguette piece open and remove some of the center to make room for the no’ boy ingredients. Spread both sides of the bread with remoulade—a little on the bottom and much more on the top, 3 to 4 tablespoons total per sandwich. Place four nuggets on each sandwich and top with radish slices. Serve immediately.
Get more recipes from Damaris Phillips >>
You may also like these recipes:
Spiced Pumpkin Scones with Orange Glaze >>
Orange Chocolate Icebox Pie >>