Damaris Phllips' hearty cheese fondue made with beer will disappear in minutes.
Chicken & Cheese Fondue
- 4 ounces amber beer
- 4 ounces half-and-half
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar, shredded (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 3 ounces smoked gouda, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 bag Pretzel thins
- Combine the beer, half-and-half and cream cheese in a large saucepan over medium-low heat and cook, whisking, until the cream cheese is melted and well incorporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mustard powder and garlic powder to the saucepan. Season with salt and pepper and whisk to incorporate.
- Stir in the Cheddar and smoked gouda and cook, stirring, over low heat until all the cheese is melted.
- Fold in the chicken and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes until the sauce is thick and ingredients combined.
- Serve 1/2 cup in individual bowls with Pretzels on the side.
You may also like these recipes: