Chocolate and orange are a match made in dessert heaven only made better by Damaris Phillips.
Orange Chocolate Icebox Pie
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 (14 ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon citrus zest
- 1 (9- inch) prepared chocolate graham cracker crust
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
Damaris Phillips - Orange Chocolate Icebox Pie - Home & Family
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a medium bowl until smooth. Add the sweetened condensed milk, and the orange juice, lemon juice, zest and extract. Stir until smooth, then pour into the pre-made crust.
- Bake on the lowest rack until the center of the pie is just set, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 1 hour, then refrigerate for another hour until chilled.
- Meanwhile make the whipped cream. to a stand mixed fitted with the whisk attachment add the cream and sugar. Mix on medium until thick and you see the edges of the whisk as it moves though the cream, about 3-5 minutes. stir in the extract. Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
You may also like these recipes: