Ingredients for Cupcakes
- 1¼ cups sifted all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup sifted cocoa powder
Ingredients for Cookies & Creme Buttercream Frosting
- 2/3 cup milk
- 5 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 5 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups chocolate chips, melted and then cooled to room temperature
- ¼ cup crushed Oreo cookies
Grass Buttercream Frosting
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon green food coloring
Ingredients for the Decorations
- 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies
- ¼ cup grey fondant
- rubber alphabet stamps
Directions for Georgetown Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a cupcake pan with twelve paper baking cups, and a second pan with six baking cups.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, and set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a bowl with a handheld electric mixer, cream
together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing slowly after each addition.
5. Combine the vanilla and milk in a large liquid measuring cup.
6. Add one third of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, then gradually add one third of the milk mixture, beating slowly until well incorporated. Add another third of the flour mixture, followed by another third of the milk mixture. Stop to scrape down the bowl as needed. Add the remaining flour mixture, followed by the remaining eggnog mixture, and beat just until combined.
7. Add the cocoa powder, beating on low speed just until incorporated.
8. Using a standard-size ice cream scoop, fill each baking cup so that it is two-thirds full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes (start checking at 15 minutes) or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Transfer the pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the “Midnight” cookies & crème buttercream frosting:
1. Place all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer or hand-held electric mixer. Beat until well combined or until the frosting is light and fluffy.
2. Transfer the frosting into a plastic piping bag, fitted with a large round metal tip.
For the green grass buttercream frosting:
3. Place all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer or hand-held electric mixer. Beat until well combined or until the frosting is light and fluffy.
4. Transfer the frosting into a plastic piping bag, fitted with a multi-opening metal tip.
Frosting the cupcakes:
1. Apply the Georgetown Cupcake “signature swirl” of frosting on top of each cupcake, by starting in the center of the cupcake, and applying pressure to the bag, and going around the cupcake in a circular motion, then ending again in the center with a burst of pressure.
Decorating the Cupcakes:
1. Cover each cupcake with a coating of crushed Oreo cookies to create the “dirt”.
2. Pipe small patches of green grass buttercream on cupcake using quick small strokes.
3. Roll grey fondant into a sheet approximately ¼ inch thick.
4. Using a small knife, cut out small tombstone shape.
5. Using clean (food-safe) rubber stamps, stamp the letter’s “R”, “I”, and “P” into tombstone.
6. Stick a tombstone into the frosting of the cupcake. Repeat for each cupcake. Serve and enjoy!
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page