Owner of "Cookie Good," Ross Canter is in the kitchen baking the ultimate Halloween cookie with chopped candy and brown sugar.
Trick or Treat Cookie
- 2 ½ sticks of butter (10 oz)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ t salt
- 2 t vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ t baking soda
- ¾ t baking powder
- 25 oz chopped candy (we use 5 oz each: snickers, kit kat, reese’s pb cup, heath bar, butterfinger)
- 8 oz M&Ms
- candy corn for top
- Cream butter, sugars and salt until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs until well mixed, add vanilla, and keep beating until it looks like buttercream.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients – then, add to egg/butter mixture.
- Slowly fold in chopped candy and M&Ms.
- Form into balls – freeze if you’ve got time.
- Place dough balls on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake at 350°F, 12-14 minutes (until slightly brown around the edges but still soft in the center).
- As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, top in center with one piece of candy corn.
NOTE: For an extra large cookie ‘cake’: Take about 1/3 of this dough,
form into an 8-inch circle and bake for about 18 minutes. When cookie cake
is done, decorate with chopped candy, m&ms and candy corn.