In honor of Hispanic Heritage month, learn how to make sugar skulls for Día de Muertos - The Day of the Dead.
DIY Sugar Skulls
- Skull mold
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp meringue powder
- 2 tbsp waterwater
- Royal icing.
- Food coloring
DIY SUGAR SKULLS DIRECTIONS:
- Mix sugar, water and meringue until wet sand consistency.
- Fill molds front and back pressing firmly
- Flip out
- Let dry for at least 8 hours and up to overnight
- Attach front and back using royal icing
- Let dry for an hour so the icing has time to set
- Decorate with colored royal icing.