1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix the sugar with cornstarch and cream of tartar in a small bowl.
3. In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, beat together the egg whites and salt on medium/high until glossy peaks start to form.
4. Slowly add the sugar mixture to the beating egg whites in an even stream.
5. Beat the egg whites on high until the mixture is voluminous and holds stiff peaks.
6. Make sure the sugar is dissolved by rubbing it between two fingers if there is still some graininess than continue to mix.
7. Scoop the mixture evenly into three bowls. Add a few drops of yellow gel coloring to one bowl, gently folding to combine. Repeat in a second bowl with orange gel coloring. Leave one bowl white.
8. Scoop the three colors into three different piping bags.
9. Pipe a triangle/candy corn shape onto the parchment-lined baking sheet by starting at the bottom with the yellow meringue and piping the mixture back and forth.
10. Continue the design using the orange meringue and then finish with the white until you have a triangle with all three colors that looks like a large piece of candy corn.
11. Insert a lollipop stick about 3/4 of the way into each meringue triangle.
12. Bake the meringues at 225 for about 60 minutes or until each lollipop easily lifts off of the parchment paper.
13. After 60 minutes, turn the oven off and crack it a bit and allow the meringue cool completely inside the oven for at least a few hours.
14. Once cooled, remove baking sheet from oven and lift meringues off parchment paper.