Author of "Your Healthiest Healthy," Samantha Harris is making a delicious batch of muffins with added health benefits!
Green Monster Muffins
Prep Time: 35 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total: 50 minutes
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, plus more for greasing
- ½ cup unsweetened organic applesauce
- 4 large organic eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups organic baby spinach, fresh
- 1–1 ½ bananas, ripe
- ¼ cup organic pure maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crushed pistachios (optional)
- Soak the chia seeds in 1 ½ tablespoons cold or room-temperature water for 10 minutes or more.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a muffin pan with some coconut oil.
- In a high-powered countertop blender, blend the first 8 ingredients on high until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and puree for another 1 or 2 minutes.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 15 minutes, top with pistachios if using, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool and, to absorb excess moisture, place paper towels beneath and in between layers of muffins before sealing and storing in the refrigerator.