YIELD 12 muffins
PREP TIME 35 minutes
COOK TIME 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME 50 minutes
1. Soak the chia seeds in 1 ½ tablespoons cold or room-temperature water for 10 minutes or more.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a muffin pan with some coconut oil.
3. In a high-powered countertop blender, blend the first 8 ingredients on high until smooth.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and puree for another 1 or 2 minutes.
5. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 15 minutes, top with pistachios if using, and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Let cool and, to absorb excess moisture, place paper towels beneath and in between layers of muffins before sealing and storing in the refrigerator.