Host of "Southern and Hungry," Damaris Phillips is making a Cajun favorite.
Bourbon Shrimp Boil
- 1⁄2 cup shrimp boil seasoning like Old Bay
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2-4 tablespoons salt (depending on salt level of season blends)
- 5 quarts water
- 6 ounces bourbon (optional or 12 ounces beer)
- 2 pounds new potatoes
- 2 large vidalia onions, cut in wedges
- 6 carrots. cut into 3” pieces
- 6 ribs celery, cut into 3" pieces
- 2 lbs smoked sausage, cut in 2 inch lengths
- 8 ears corn on the cob, cut into 3” pieces
- 4 lbs extra jumbo (16-20) shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail on
- 2 sticks butter
- 3-4 tablespoons hot sauce
Bourbon Shrimp Boil - Home & Family
- In an 10-quart stock pot, bring the shrimp boil seasoning, 1/4 cup of cajun seasoning, the salt, water, and bourbon to a boil.
- Add potatoes and onions cook over high heat for 6 minutes.
- Add the carrots and the celery and cook for 4 minutes
- Add smoked sausage; continue to cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Add corn to pot; continue to boil for 7 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook until opaque about 2-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the hot sauce and the remaining cajun seasoning. Stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Drain cooking liquid; pour contents of the pot into several large bowl or shallow pails. Toss with half the butter sauce and serve with remaining butter on the side. Serve immediately and ENJOY!!!!!!!
You may also like these recipes: