Yield: 2 quarts
1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix the oats, pecans, and pepitas. Spread the mixed dry goods onto two cookie sheets or hotel pans. Put the sheets in your oven for 10-15 minutes to toast the oat mixture. When everything is toasty and fragrant remove the sheets from your oven and set them aside.
3. While the oat mixture is toasting, in a large bowl whisk together the water and egg white powder until frothy. Add oil, maple, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk to combine.
4. Pour the toasted dry goods into the large bowl with the sweet liquid. Using a spoon or spatula, mix the granola and make sure that the liquid is well distributed through all the oats.
5. Spread the wet granola back onto your cookie sheets and put it in your oven for 28-32 minutes, or until the granola is toasted, dark and fragrant.
6.Remove from oven and allow to cool. Break into large clumps and store in airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
Recipe by Dan Kohler, 10/2/19