What is better than dessert for breakfast? This French toast recipe from Chris Valdes!
Pumpkin Spice Banana Foster French Toast
Breakfast, Brunch, Dessert
FOR THE BANANA FOSTER:
- 2 whole bananas, sliced 1/2 inch rounds
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup bourbon or dark rum
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
FOR THE FRENCH TOAST:
- 1 whole bread load, sliced in 1inch thick slices
- 3 cups of whole milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 3 tbsp butter
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat
- Add butter and brown sugar and cook for about 2 min until butter has melted and mixed with the brown sugar
- Add the sliced bananas and cook until the bananas are soft and lightly cooked, about 2 minutes
- Carefully add the bourbon or rum and allow to flambé
- Serve on top of the french toast and top with desired toppings
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, and pumpkin spice.
- Melt butter in a small pan or tabletop skillet with medium heat.
- Dip each slice of toast one at a time into the eggs mixture for about 3 seconds per side and place in the pan.
- Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip and repeat.
- Condensed milk
- Dulce de leche
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate syrup
- White chocolate shavings
- Chocolate shavings
- Chopped strawberries