Ingredients for Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- ½ medium really ripe banana (freckle stage or beyond)
- 1 cup dry quick one-minute oats
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Ingredients for Pumpkin Pie Crumble
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 dates, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
Ingredients for Pumpkin Pie Syrup
- 1/2 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1. In a food processor or blender, add eggs and pulse to beat. Next, add pumpkin, cottage cheese and banana, processing until cottage cheese is smooth. Then, add the oats, baking powder, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon. Process until well-combined.
2. Heat a flat skillet or griddle over medium heat. Coat skillet with non-stick cooking spray, or with a teaspoon coconut oil.
3. Using a large spoon, ladle, or cookie scoop, pour in about ¼ cup of batter for one pancake. (You may need to help the little pancake spread out a bit). Cook each pancake about 2-3 minutes per side. You’ll know it’s ready to flip when the bubbles start to reach the center of the pancake. Flip and cook 2-3 minutes on the other side.
4. While pancakes are cooking, make topping: place 1/4 cup oats, pecans, and cinnamon on a baking sheet. Bake at 425º for 5 minutes, until light brown. Remove and sprinkle dates and coconut oil on baking sheet, mixing all ingredients around with a fork.
5. To make pumpkin pie syrup, warm maple syrup in a saucepan or microwave. Stir in pumpkin and spice. Pour into a serving vessel. (Such as a hollowed-out sugar pumpkin with a ladle to pour!)
6. Serve pancakes with topping and syrup beside. Enjoy your fall breakfast!
*These can be eaten by themselves, or spread with a nut butter and sprinkle with unsweetened coconut, granola, sliced bananas or sunflower seeds for a power snack.
*To freeze, let pancakes completely cool, then stack into a zip-top freezer bag. To reheat, microwave one pancake for 10 – 30 seconds (depending on your microwave), or toast them in the oven on a low-broil. Can be frozen for 3 months.