Chef and author Damaris Phillips shows you how you can spice up your turkey with pepper jelly glaze.
Pepper Jelly Roasted Turkey
Pepper Jelly Roasted Turkey with Crunchy Almond Salad - Home & Family
PEPPER JELLY ROASTED TURKEY BREAST:
- 1 whole bone-in turkey breast (6½ to 7 pounds)
- olive oil
- 1 ½ cup red pepper jelly
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoon wine or water
- freshly ground black pepper
CRUNCH ALMOND AND CRANBERRY NAPA SALAD:
- 1 head napa cabbage, cored and shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 red pepper, julieened
- 1 bunch minced green onions
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1 (3 ounces) package ramen noodles, broken
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Recipes Courtesy Damaris Phillips
Pepper Jelly Roasted Turkey Breast:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Brush the turkey with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the turkey breast, skin side up, on a rack in a roasting pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours
- Meanwhile, combine the red pepper jelly, butter, mustard and wine or water in a saucepan. Cook until smooth and combined, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and brush with the glaze. Return to the oven, uncovered, for 20-40 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. The glaze should be caramelized and bubbly, but if not turn the oven to broil and broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Crunchy Almond and Cranberry Napa Salad:
- In a large bowl combine the cabbage, carrots, pepper, green onions and cranberries. Toss to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, make the crunchy bits.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To a large bowl add the ramen noodles, sesame seeds and almonds. stir to combine and drizzle with the melted butter. Toss to coat evenly. Pour onto a cookie sheet in evenly and bake until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes to make sure they don't burn. Remove from the oven and cool.
- To make the vinaigrette, add the vinegar, oil, bourbon, honey, soy sauce and 2 tablespoons water to a saucepot. Bring the mixture to a boil, over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute and then remove from the heat and cool.
- When you are ready to enjoy, add the crunchy bits to the bowl with the cabbage. Drizzle on the vinaigrette and toss to combine. Serve immediately!
You may also like these recipes: