Directions for Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Spray a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, the dry milk, the cornstarch, the baking powder and the salt. Set aside.
4. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
5. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. It will look like crumb topping.
6. In another bowl whisk together the oil, the buttermilk, the eggs, the rum, and the vanilla extract.
7. Slowly add the liquid mixture to the crumb mixture and mix until combined. (Pouring the liquid in slowly is important. The batter has a high ratio of liquid and will be thin almost like a thick crepe batter, but if you add the liquid too quickly you will get lumps that never go away no matter the amount of mixing!)
8. Pour the batter into the pan and bake on the center rack until the top is golden, center is set and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted, about 50-60 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then invert onto a cooling rack to cool.
Directions for Glaze
1. In a glass bowl fitted over a double broiler add the chocolate, the powdered sugar and the eggnog.
2. Heat over medium to melt the chocolate.
3. Stir the entire time so that the sauce doesn’t scorch.
4. When everything is smooth set aside until the cake is cool.
5. Spoon the glaze over the top of the cake allowing it to run down the sides. you can do this in three or so layers, just give the glaze a couple seconds to set up before applying the next layer.
6. Garnish by grating fresh nutmeg on the top.