Make this fun and whimsical door hang.
DIY Gingerbread man Cookie Cutter Door Hang
- Aluminum Flat Bar
- Butcher Paper
- Paint Can
- Scrap Wood
- Measuring Tape
- Automotive Edge Trim
- Drill/Drill Bit
- Hot Glue Gun
- Trace gingerbread man on a large piece of butcher’s paper. Be sure to make all of the edges round and not sharp.
- Mark one of the 8 foot aluminum flat bars at the halfway point (4 feet)
- Use bucket to shape head of gingerbread man
- Measure 231/2 inches from top of head, down both sides. Mark.
- Use wood block and clamp to bend where you marked on both sides. This will be the neck/shoulder area of the gingerbread man.
- Use clamp to squeeze together inside of head and inside of arm.
- Place metal on top of sketch. Mark where head need to bend in. Use dowel attached to something stable to bend.
- Use paint can to bend arms
- Take your second piece of 8 foot flat bar. Mark 4 inches, place on wood block with clamp, and bend.
- From the bent point mark 9 ½ inch. Bend the same way.
- Use paint can to bend the foot. Use dowel attached to something stable to bend.
- Once you are at center, use clamp to bring legs together.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Connect the top and bottom of gingerbread man. Pre-drill two holes where the flat bars overlap. Screw in nails. Repeat on the other side
- Tip: IF sharp end of screw is sticking out a bit, cover with hot glue for a protective barrier
- Unscrew gingerbread man to attach the automotive edge trim to gingerbread cookie cutter.
- Once the edge trim is completely attached, screw the gingerbread man back together.
- Tie a bow with decorative ribbon on top of the gingerbread man’s head.
- Hang from hook on your front door using the ribbon.