Cut at 45-degree angle on both ends
Cut at 45-degree angle on one end
1. Cut your straight cuts first, then your 45-degree cuts. *Make sure all of your 45-degree angles are angled outward to create obtuse angles. *
2. To create the peaks of your vista, join these pieces at the 45-degree angles making an “L” shape.
3. Rotate the “L” shapes and dry fit the placement of each piece to make sure everything lines up and fits properly onto the bottom piece.
4. Glue and secure your peaks together, now you have a vista! *If you are using screws instead of the nailing, drill a pilot hole for each screw. *
5. Line the bottom piece up to your vista and attach from the bottom at each point of contact. Make sure to use glue as well as nails or screws.
6. Sand. Stain. Allow to dry.
7. Tape off the caps of your mountains and paint them white.
8. Add Snow-Tex in globs to add realistic snow details. Allow to dry.
9. Hang as desired and enjoy!