Create beautiful Christmas banners with a vintage feel.
DIY Felt Holiday Banner
DIY FELT HOLIDAY BANNER MATERIALS:
- Felt with sticky back
- Wooden dowel
- Faux greener
- Baker’s twine or decorative rope
- Fabric scissors
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Wire snips
- Measure out how large you want the banner to be. Add 2”-3” to the height for the dowel casing. Mark with chalk.
- Cut felt for the banner to size using fabric scissors.
- If you want to create a pointed bottom, fold the felt in half, use a straight edge and chalk to mark from the bottom of the fold to the desired height on the edge. Mark with chalk and cut along the line. Unfold the fabric to reveal a triangular bottom point.
- Make the casing for the dowel. Fold the top edge of the felt over the dowel, apply hot glue along the edge and press onto the fabric to secure.
- Draw out or trace the letters on the sticky back felt. PRO TIP: if using a stencil apply it backwards or to the back of the felt.
- Cut out each individual letter with fabric scissors.
- Arrange the phrase on the banner, adhere once you like the spacing. PRO TIP: if you don’t have adhesive back felt, use fabric glue to adhere.
- Add some greenery to the bottom, cut down sprigs if needed using wire snips. Glue in place with hot glue.
- Tie an end of a strand of baker’s twine or decorative rope around each end of the dowel.
- Hang as desired and enjoy!