Ken Wingard is turning an iconic Christmas staple, gift tags, into a festive piece of Christmas décor.
- Half inch plywood board
- Hole saw or black paint
- Spray paint
- Vinyl stickers/stencil and paint
- Glitter foam sheets
- Jute twine
- Start with your plywood board. You can leave this as a rectangle or cut the corners, depending on what shape gift tag you would like to make.
- Use a hole saw to create the hole for the ‘ribbon’ at the end of your gift tag. If you aren’t comfortable cutting a hole, you can easily just paint this hole with some black paint.
- Using vinyl stickers or stencils and paint, create the design of your gift tag. I love the idea of recreating gift tags that your family has been used for years.
- Add extra details, including an extra circle around your hole using glitter foam sheets.
- Lastly, tie or glue your jute twine around the hole. Display on your shelf!