Actor Chris McNally stops by Home & Family to talk about his new role on Hallmark Channel’s Original Series, “When Calls the Heart.” He makes his debut in Hope Valley this Sunday, March 3rd at 8/7c. He even brings a clip from the series for the fans to enjoy. The actor describes how welcoming his new co-stars have been, especially Erin Krakow. He grew up with having interior designer parents and today, he shares the same passion.
Red Velvet Cupcakes
Dan Langan of “Baked by Dan,” is in the kitchen making the ultimate treat, red velvet marshmallow fluff and cheesecake cupcakes. When making the frosting, he recommends the ingredients all be at room temperature, making it easier to mix together. He also adds a bit of sour cream to the recipe to help cut the over-sweetness that frosting can sometimes have.
DIY Bathroom Rack
Ken Wingard is showing you just how easy it is to make your own bathroom rack. You can make the rack any size or dimension you want and once you get the materials, it is pretty easy to assemble. You can also add a plank of wood to the DIY to make it a wall shelf. Using an anchor will give you a better lineup when hanging.
National Workout Buddy Day
“Women’s Health” Editor-In-Chief Liz Plosser visits Home & Family to talk about National Workout Buddy Day. She gives you some tips on how to maximize your workouts with your buddy, including avoiding all negative self-talk, refraining from talking on your phone and minimizing your small talk with each other.
ABS: Partner Sit-Ups with High-Five 10 on each side (20 total) x 3 sets
· Start in the sit-up position with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Your partner should be in the same position facing you with his feet hooked under your ankles so that your body weights can anchor each other down. Lie back on the floor and position your hands above your head. This will be your starting position. Contract your abs to simultaneously rise-up, extending your right hand to touch his. Reverse the motion, coming all the way back down to the starting position, before rising up again, giving a high five to the opposite side.
ARMS: High-Five Up Down 10 on each side (20 total) x 3 sets
· Begin in pushup position, with your heads facing each other, about a foot apart. At the same time, lower onto one forearm, then the other, so you are both in a plank position. Reverse to return to start, then clap each other’s right hand. That’s one rep. Switch your clapping hand with each rep.
LEGS: Partner Pistol Squat 10 on each side (20 total) x 3 sets
· Stand facing each other, balancing on right leg with left leg extended low in front of body with foot flexed, holding on to partner’s right forearm. Bend right knee and sit back into hips, reaching left arm forward (continue holding on to partner’s forearm for balance), lowering as far down into a squat position as possible without lifting right heel off the floor. Return to starting position. That’s 1 rep. Repeat on opposite side.
FINALE - TEAM BURPEES! 1 set of 25 reps.
· Stand with arms at sides (a), then squat (b) to place hands on floor and quickly jump feet back into a pushup position; bend elbows to lower chest toward floor (c). Reverse movement to return to standing. That’s 1 rep. Do 25, keeping tempo with partner. If either person needs to pause, hold a glute bridge together until both are ready to start again.
· Each person should choose the variation that works for their fitness level. If this is too challenging? Place hands on a step or bench or hold a plank instead of doing a pushup.
Healthy Nail Care
Kym Douglas is introducing you to ways to care for your nails and even gives you a recipe for a DIY cuticle cream. The best part about the cuticle cream is that it is chemical-free. She also shows you the differences between nail files and which one may be right for you. She also expresses the importance of buffing your nails gently to make them shinier without nail polish.
Chicken and Chorizo Paella
Chef Casey Lane is making a delicious Spanish dish of chicken and chorizo paella. This is one of his signature dishes at his restaurant, Breva. A huge benefit is that this is a one dish recipe, making it easy to clean up. Make sure the rice is really toasted and crunchy for the paella. You can also get as creative as you want with this dish, adding your favorite vegetables. He also enjoys playing around with a variety of spices, as well.
Indoor Elephant Ear Plant Care
Shirley Bovshow is giving you professional tips on how to care for elephant plants. This plant is perfect to grow indoors, which means you can start planting them today. Make sure you have plenty of room to grow these plants, because they can get up to six feet tall! She recommends you purchasing the bulbs because they only cost $1.50, compared to a hundred dollars it costs for a full-grown plant.
Get more from Shirley at EdenMakers.com
Hallmark Channel’s Merry Madness Christmas Bracket
The family members gather around to introduce you to Hallmark Channel’s Merry Madness Christmas Bracket. The brackets are open now through March 28th at 3pm PT. Enter today for a chance to win up to $10,000!
DIY Upcyled Folding Chairs
Design expert Kelly Edwards is showing you how to take ordinary, plain folding chairs and stylize them with upholstery. This project is so easy because it requires no sewing or gluing. She recommends freshening up old and scratched folding chairs by spray painting them. She uses all type of fabrics as upholstery, including shower curtains, towels and table clothes.