Ingredients for All-Natural Cuticle Cream
- 1 Tablespoon beeswax pellets
- 2 Tablespoons Almond oil
- 1 drop lavender essential oil
- 2 containers, at least 2 oz
1. Put beeswax, almond oil, and essential oil into a glass bowl.
2. Melt these ingredients together over a double boiler. Alternatively, you can cook for about 1:30 in the microwave, taking the mixture out and stirring it every 10 seconds. Stop once it is fully melted.
3. When fully melted, pour into a clean container. I used some old chapstick applicators (and a small funnel) so I could roll it on easily. This recipe filled about 3 chapstick containers.
4. Let it cool and harden completely then roll it onto your cuticles daily!
· File lightly once a week to help prevent cracks and chipping.
· For acrylic nails, find a file with a lower grit count (ex - 100/180)
· For natural nails, look for a higher grit count (ex - 240/320)
· Buff your nails only once a month to prevent thinning
· When looking for a nail polish, find something that is at least “3-free.” These means it is free of the 3 most popular toxic chemicals - Toluene, formaldehyde, and Dibutyl phthalate. You can find these at most beauty stores.