• Environment: A large space and large container for your Elephant Ear plant are ideal.
• Sunlight: Put near bright sun (south or west window), but not in direct sunlight. This can burn the leaves.
• Ideal temperatures: 60-80 degrees
• Humidity is important: Place plant on a saucer with pebbles and water to create a humid ambiance. (Or you can use a mister)
• Watering: Soil should be maintained evenly moist but not saturated. Water when the soil starts to feel a little dry.
• If your Elephant Ear plant gets too much water, it will let you know by “weeping” or dripping water from the tip of the leaf.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PLANTING FROM A BULB:
• Fill large container 3/4 of the way with rich, well-draining potting soil.
• Place the bulb root side down and cover with soil and water.
• The top of the bulb should be at least 1” below the soil.
• Place in a sunny spot indoors and follow the care instructions above.
• Fertilize your elephant ears plant with a general indoor plant fertilizer at half strength 1 x per month.
• Full strength is too strong a dose for a houseplant and may cause rampant growth before it's ready for it.
• Wipe the leaves with a damp cloth 1 x per week to keep the "plant pores" or "stomata" open.
• Dusty, clogged leaves can lead to a weak plant that will be more susceptible to illness and pests!