Tieghan Gerard's creamy and fluffy cheesecake is also known as a Burnt Basque Cheesecake.
Simple Lemon Sugar Burnt Basque Cheesecake
Tieghan Gerard Makes Lemon Sugar Cheesecake - Home & Family
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400° f. Lightly butter a 9-inch spring-form pan and line with parchment paper going up the sides of the pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese, 3/4 sugar, and 1 tablespoon lemon zest on medium speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl until very smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time until the eggs are fully incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then reduce the mixer speed to medium-low. Add the cream and vanilla, beat until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Sift the flour and salt into the batter, then beat again to combine, about 30 seconds. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- In a bowl, mix 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon zest. Sprinkle the top of the cake with half of the lemon sugar, reserving the remaining sugar for serving.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 50-55 minutes, until deeply golden brown on top and still very jiggly in the center. Let the cake cool 5 minutes, then unmold. Let cool completely. Slice into wedges and serve at room temperature or chilled. I like room temp best.