Striped Sea Bass:
- 4 Striped Sea Bass fillets (about 5 oz each)
- Tbl Cooking oil (enough to coat sautee pan)
Guajillo Sauce (Makes .75-1 quart):
- 18ea dry guajillo chilis
- ¾ cup yellow onion small dice
- 12 ea garlic cloves minced
- 3 QT water
- 2.5 QT fried tortilla chips
- ½ Tbl dry oregano
- 1 ea ripe tomato dice
Succotash (Makes 4 servings):
- 4 tbl Corn Grilled
- 4 tbl Peruvian corn
- 4 tbl Black Eyed Peas Drained
- 4 tbl Black Beans Rinsed
- 4 tbl Soy Beans
- 4 tsp Garlic
- 2 tbl Shallots Minced
- 4 tbl EVOO
- 4 tbl Herb Mix chopped (cilantro, chives, mint, parsley)
Corn Poblano PIco (Makes 4 servings):
- 2 ripe tomatoes small dice
- 1 cup corn kernels, grilled/roasted
- ½ cup poblano pepper, dice small
- ½ White onion, dice small
- 1 red jalapeño/fresno, dice small
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, fine chop
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- In pot add dry chili and 4 quarts of water to warm the chilis enough to destem and deseed. Reserve water for later cooking.
- Once chilis are deseeded and destemmed begin roasting in shallow pot with oil to cover bottom of pot for about 2 mins and then adding yellow onion and garlic.
- Once roasted add 2 Quarts of the reserved water and simmer until chilis become soft reducing slightly at the same time.
- Once soft add ½ of tortilla chips, tomatoes and oregano and simmer for another 10 minutes. Taste the liquid and decide weather or not he spice level is to your liking. If it is too spicy add a little more tortilla chips.
- Once it has all come together puree in a blender until a super smooth puree. Stain through a fine strainer. If more liquid is needed use the reserved cooking liquid.
Note: This recipe is built depends on the quality of the chilis and the cook preparing. The water ratio varies on the freshness and dryness from the chili as does the amount of tortilla chips added to the recipe. The tortilla chips are used to help with the different water contents and spice levels every batch of chili has.
- In a pan set on med heat add your oil, garlic and shallot. Once these are translucent in color add the Peruvian corn, soy bean, roasted corn, black eyed peas and black beans -- properly seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Cook these all together for 4 minutes before adding a squeeze of lemon, and finally tossing your 4 tbl of herbs in -- bringing everything together.
Corn Poblano Pico:
- Mix all together.
You may also like these recipes: