Lorena Garcia, Executive chef of Chica Restaurant kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month with her Tres Leches Cake recipe.
Tres Leches Cake
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter 1 cup white sugar
- 5 large eggs eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE PICO:
- 1 cup.
- 1 cup small diced pineapple
- 2 tbls sugar
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
Lorena Garcia – Tres Leches Cake - Home & Family
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f (175 degrees c). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- Cream butter and 1 cup sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs and the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract; beat well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture 2 tablespoons at a time; mix until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees f (180degrees c) for 30 minutes. Pierce cake several times with a fork.
- Combine the whole milk, condensed milk, and evaporated milk together. Pour over the top of the cooled cake.
- Whip whipping cream, the remaining 1 cup of the sugar, and the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla together until thick. Spread over the top of cake. Be sure and keep cake refrigerated, add some caramelized pineapple in you want and enjoy!
Caramelized Pineapple Pico:
- In a saucepan at mid-high heat cook all the ingredients until the pineapple is tender and translucent and the liquid has reduced to a syrup.
Get more recipes from Lorena Garcia >>
You may also like these recipes:
Chicken Chicharron with Smothered Onions >>
Pacific Striped Sea Bass with Peruvian Corn Succotash >>
Apple Cinnamon Monkey Bread >>