An easy chicken dinner recipe that packs the perfect pretzel crunch.
Pecan & Pretzel Crusted Chicken Bites with Honey Mustard
PRETZEL & PECAN CHICKEN:
- 1 lb. Thin sliced chicken breasts organic
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black pepper
- 2 cup pretzel twists
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 egg
- 1 tbsp. Milk
- Approx. 2 tbsp. Butter
HONEY MUSTARD DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp rice vinegar (any white vinegar will do)
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder, 1/8 tsp paprika, 1/8 tsp salt, and some freshly cracked pepper
Pretzel & Pecan Chicken:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mini-prep food processor add pretzels and process until they form crumbs. You should end up with about ⅔ cup of crushed pretzels.
- Remove pretzels from the processor and add the pecans. Pulse until the pecans are finely chopped.
- In three separate shallow bowls add the flour, salt, and pepper to the first bowl.
- Whisk the egg and milk in the second bowl.
- Toss together the pretzels and pecans in the third bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast in the bowls- flour first!
- Flour mixture, then the egg wash, and then coat completely in the pretzel-pecan mixture.
- Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Place coated chicken breasts in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and top each with 1-2 very thin slices of butter.
- Sprinkle of paprika on top of each chicken breast before going in the oven
- Bake in pre heated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees
- Just before serving drizzle honey on each chicken breast.
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce:
- Combine, whisk, or stir until smooth.
You may also like these recipes from Haylie Duff: