- 2 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean and sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 6-8 slices of candied bacon, halved and cooked in oven (instructions below)
- 4 oz. goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 TBSP almond milk
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 TBSP of Honey
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with coconut oil.
3. In a large bowl toss together the sweet potato slices, olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Lay the slices out on the baking sheet in a single layer.
5. Place on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 10 minutes then flip them over and bake for another 8-12 minutes or until tender.
6. While the sweet potatoes bake, gently mix the goat cheese, almond milk, honey, rosemary, salt and pepper.
7. Spoon approximately 1/2 teaspoon of the goat cheese mixture onto each sweet potato round.
8. Top the goat cheese with half a slice of bacon, a few chopped pecans and cranberries
9. Serve warm or at room temperature.
TO PREPARE CANDIED BACON:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Arrange bacon on a cooling rack placed on top of a baking sheet lined with foil.
3. Season the bacon with a small amount of fresh ground black pepper and liberally sprinkle brown sugar across each strip of bacon.
4. Bake until edges are crispy, and center is caramelized. Approx. 15 minutes.
5. Allow the sugar to "set" before removing from tray.
** Cooking note: the bacon will continue to crisp after removing from oven. Don't leave in too long!