How often do we see a beauty treatment in a magazine or on social media that sounds a little wacky and find ourselves wondering - “does that really work?”. Well, that’s where Kym Douglas comes in. These are some of her favorite hair treatments that might sound weird, but she swears...they actually work!
1st treatment - Heatless Curls
Achieve beautiful curls without the damage that curling irons can cause.
- Clip a bathrobe waist chord horizontally in the middle of your part with one section of hair on each side in front of the chord and behind.
- Wrap front two sections around the chord on each side and secure with a rubber band.
- Wrap back two sections around the same chord on each side and secure again with a rubber band.
- Leave in overnight and let dry, take out in the morning and say hello to amazing curls!
2nd Treatment - Coffee Hair Rinse
Did you know that your morning coffee can do more than just wake you up? Rinsing your hair with coffee increases shine helps de-frizz and stimulates growth.
- Brew 2-4 cups of strong black coffee or espresso.
- Fill a bowl or bucket with the coffee.
- Pour over hair and let soak for 3 minutes before rinsing .
3rd Treatment - Aspirin Shampoo
This is a more affordable way to treat dandruff and take care of your scalp. Aspirin has salicylic acid which is the same main ingredient in dandruff shampoos.
- Mix 2 crushed aspirin into your regular shampoo.
- Apply to hair and let sit for 1-2 minutes.
- Rinse hair.
You may also like these how-tos: