How-to easily change up your makeup for Fall.
DIY Mauve Lip Shimmer
Health & Beauty
- 2 teaspoons candelilla wax
- 2 tablespoons murumuru butter
- 3 teaspoons apricot oil
- 3 teaspoons MCT oil
- ¼ teaspoon rose or mauve mica
- ¼ teaspoon lavender or light purple mica
- 20-30 drops of rose essential oil
- Lip balm tubes
- Disposable pipette
- Glass bowl and pot to create double broiler
- Bring water to a boil in the pot with the glass bowl resting on top to create your double broiler.
- Add the candelilla wax and murumuru butter. Stir until completely melted.
- Add apricot and MCT oil, stir in thoroughly.
- Add mica powders and stir well until colors are blended and the mixture is free of lumps, completely smooth.
- Add the rose oil. Stir in.
- Allow the mixture to cool for about 30 seconds, stir once more and use the pipette to fill the tubes with the balm.
- Allow to cool, cap and enjoy!
You may also like these how-tos: