Ken Wingard is getting ready for the holidays by showing you how to make a life-sized nutcracker.
DIY Life-Size Nutcracker
Christmas Decor, Home Decor
DIY Nutcracker Materials
- 1 4ft concrete tube (12 inches around)
- 12 inch plywood round
- 14 inch plywood round
- 4 inch PVC pipe - 8 ft.
- Styrofoam balls
- Large round Christmas ornaments
- Brush-on paint
- Masking tape
- Expanding foam glue
- White craft fur
- Embellishments of your choice for eyes, clothing, accessories
DIY Nutcracker Instructions
- Create your base by gluing PVC pipe legs to base (14 inch plywood round).
- Create the body by gluing 12 inch round to bottom of tube, reinforce with screws.
- Glue the body onto the legs.
- Take PVC pipe for arms, glue on and reinforce with screws. Place half-way down from top of tube.
- Paint the legs white, the body red, the top black. Let dry.
- Add embellishments of your choosing. Craft fur for the beard, and hair. Stick-on facial features from print out on transfer/adhesive paper. A template can be downloaded at homeandfamilytv.com
- Use rope or fabric to decorate epilates for the jacket. Form epilates with an ornament ball glued to a deli cup, spray-paint gold.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page