1. About 1” inset from the edge, cut a hole into the bottom of the pumpkins that are getting stacked onto one another. A serrated knife works best. *Stacking the pumpkins largest to smallest will look the most realistic. *
2. Stack the pumpkins, securing with glue. Allow the glue to set. Use gorilla glue for this part if you plan on putting these outside.
3. Spray paint the stack white, now you have a snow man! Allow the paint to dry. *Make sure the pumpkins are clean before you paint for best results. *
TO CREATE THE STOVE PIPE HAT:
1. Use a soft tape measure to measure the circumference of the head of your snowman.
2. Add 1/2" for seam allowance to that measurement and cut a circle to size out of black felt.
3. Cut a rectangle of black felt to the length of the circumference of your felt circle and to 1” taller than desired height of the hat.
4. Seam together to short sides of the rectangle to create a cylinder. Allow the glue to dry.
5. Glue the circle to the top of your cylinder. Now you have a felt bucket. Allow the glue to dry.
6. Turn the bucket right side out.
7. To create the brim of the hat, cut two large circles out of black stiff felt with a hole cut out of the center of each. *The hole in the center should be the same size as your snowman’s head. *
8. Now take your bucket, measure 1/2” down from the edge and mark. Cut slits all along the open edge, about 1” apart to create tabs.
9. Feed the felt bucket into the hole of one of the brim pieces you cut and align it with the bottom of the tabs.
10. Fold the tabs over onto the brim and secure with hot glue all the way around.
11. Glue the second brim piece you cut onto the bottom of the brim, covering up the tabs.
12. Trim any uneven parts of the brim with fabric scissors.
TO DECORATE THE SNOWMAN:
1. Hot glue the stove pipe hat onto the head. *The hat acts as a hairline and determines how you position the face. *
2. Glue big buttons on as eyes.
3. Glue the orange felt pom-pom on for the nose. *Feel free to get creative and make your own! *
4. Glue small black buttons on as the mouth.
5. Glue three buttons on the chest to create a “vest” look.
6. Cut a piece of fabric for the scarf and tie it on around the neck. Glue it on for extra security.
7. Place and enjoy!