Make your Countdown to Christmas even more Merry with her ornamental advent calendar.
DIY Advent Calendar
Home Decor, Homemade
- Embroidery hoop
- Paint in desired color
- Brown pillow boxes
- Paint pen
- Decorative ribbon or twine
- Mini gift bows
- Bordette in silver or gold
- Wire in silver or gold
- Wire snips
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Paint the embroidery hoop to desired color. Set aside to dry.
- Glue a mini gift bow to each clothespin.
- Write a number on each envelope with a paint pen.
- Assemble the pillow boxes by folding along the crease lines, leave the top back flap uncreased so that it sticks straight up, you will attach the clothespin there.
- On the hoop, space out all your boxes inside the hoop to see how many will fit on each strand. PRO TIP: when laying out your calendar, make sure the fastener of the hoop is at the top so that you can use it as the base for the ornament cap.
- Cut lengths of the decorative ribbon or twine to size for each row of boxes.
- Attach each piece of ribbon to the hoop, wrap the ends of each strand around the hoop, use glue to secure in place. Make sure it is pulled very taut so that it doesn’t droop after attaching the boxes.
- Create the ornament cap at the top. Cut a rectangle of the bordette and glue to the fastener at the top of the embroidery hoop. Cut a piece of wire, bend into an arch and glue on as the ornament cap loop. PRO TIP: you can back the bordette with a stiff material if necessary.
- Attach the envelopes to the rows of ribbon by placing each with the flap behind and clamping in place with a clothespin.
- Hang as desired, fill the envelopes with treats and enjoy!