A DIY Herbal Eye Pillow that will give us the relaxation we’ve been craving to calm our eyes and our minds.
- Linen Fabric, Medium Weight
- Dried Lavender Buds
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Fabric Scissors
- Fabric Chalk or Marker
How to Make a DIY Herbal Eye Pillow - Home & Family
- Measure out then mark two 4.5” x 10.5” rectangles onto the fabric. PRO TIP: You need two pieces of fabric per pillow so if you’re making multiple marks, measure and cut all your fabric at once.
- Cut the fabric pieces to size with fabric scissors.
- Fray the edges of the fabric a bit by pulling a corner thread. Do this all each side of each piece of fabric.
- Glue 3 sides of the fabric rectangles together to create a pouch. Glue one short end and the two long sides leaving a short end open. If you sew, feel free to do that instead of gluing. PRO TIP: Allow the glue to set for at least 30 minutes before filling.
- Mix the dried lavender and buckwheat together in a bowl.
- Add 5-10 drops of essential oil to the herbal mixture. Mix together.
- Funnel the herbal mix into the pillow.
- Glue the last end shut. Allow the glue to set for 24 hours.
- Use an iron to heat or throw in the freezer for a therapeutic effect and enjoy! PRO TIP: if you’ve decided to sew this you can throw this in the microwave, but glue cannot be microwaved.