A quick and easy taco soup recipe that comes together in less than 30 minutes.
Teddi Mellencamp Makes Taco Soup - Home & Family
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn, rinsed and drained (or 1.5 cups frozen)
- 2 cans diced tomato
- 1 can green chiles
- 1 package of TJ’s lentils (or 1 pound of ground meat)
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5-7 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried garlic
- Juice of one lime
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of chopped cilantro
- Avocado and more cilantro to top
- Heat a large pot over medium-high and add a splash of olive oil. Sauté onion until softened, then add seasonings, garlic, and jalapeno, sauté until fragrant. Add all canned ingredients and stir. Bring to a simmer, add 1 cup of water and chopped cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste and simmer a few more minutes.
- When ready to serve, top with chopped avocado and cilantro.