Cameron has the perfect at-home workout solution you can make yourself.
DIY Full Body Workout Bar
Health & Beauty
- Resistance bands with carabiners for detachable handles that come with ankle straps
- 1 1/4” thick wooden dowel
- Large eyehooks, big enough to fit the carabiner of the resistance band through
- Eva foam (neoprene), 1/4” thick with adhesive back
- Pipe insulation to size of dowel
- X-Acto or utility knife
- Measuring tape
- Saw if cutting dowel to size yourself
- Paint or stain
- Paintbrush or stain rags
- Cut dowel to length if necessary.
- Sand down any rough edges on the wood.
- Paint or stain the dowel if desired. Allow to dry.
- Drill a pilot hole for each eyehook about 1-2” inset from each end of the dowel, making sure the holes are aligned with each other. They need to be on the same “line” if you will, so the tension is evenly distributed.
- Wrap the bar with pipe insulation, cut a piece to desired width for comfort on your shoulders and slide onto the bar, it should fit snug.
- Place the hand padding, cut two pieces of the eva (neoprene) to a good width for your hands and to the length of 3 7/8” to wrap around the bar all the way. Peel off adhesive backing and adhere to the end of each bar where you’ll place your hands. PRO TIP: if using a different diameter of dowel, find the correct length to wrap around the bar by multiplying the diameter of the bar by 3.14.
- Screw in the eyehooks.
- Clip one end of the resistance band to each eyehook and enjoy!
You may also like these how-tos: