TO CREATE THE STOCKING WALL HANG
1. If the branch is too big, cut it down.
2. Decide how you want to hang the branch, if using nails, figure out the best spacing depending on the shape and size of your branch.
3. Decorate the branch as desired. You can use garland, lights or any other décor you like! Depending on how you decorate, hanging the branch first could be helpful. Attach with zip ties and hot glue.
4. Hang the branch if not already done. You can use command hooks depending on the weight of the branch. You could also hang it above a side-table to mimic a mantle.
5. Attach the stockings to the branch with ribbon or twine. Enjoy!
TO CREATE THE STOCKING NEWEL POST
1. To create the base for your post, find the center of your round and attach the newel post to it with a few wood screws from the bottom up. Drill pilot holes first.
2. On the block top of your post, mark where you want the dowels to go. You want to create a cross section without the dowels actually intersecting. Place one hole at least 1” above the other which should be marked on the adjacent face of the block.
3. Use the forstner bit to drill through the block top where you’ve marked.
4. Feed the dowels into the holes. Cut to size before if necessary.
5. Use hot glue to attach the knobs onto each end of the dowels.
6. Glue your lantern to the top of your post.
7. In a well-ventilated area or outdoors spray paint the whole thing black. Allow to dry.
8. Spray a light mist of silver spray paint to add a metallic finish. Allow to dry.
9. Put the post in place and decorate as desired.
10. Drop the battery-operated candle in the lantern and turn on.
11. Hang your stockings on the dowels and enjoy!