Orly Shani gives us a no-sew fashionable spin on our Christmas stockings.
DIY Faux Fur Patchwork Stockings
Home Decor, Christmas Decor
DIY FAUX FUR PATCHWORK STOCKINGS MATERIALS:
- Fabric in various patterns or quilting squares
- Faux fur trim
- Fabric scissors
- Fabric marker or chalk
- Various kinds of trim
DIY FAUX FUR PATCHWORK STOCKINGS INSTRUCTIONS:
- Flip up the folded over top edge of the stocking if necessary.
- Cut your fabric into workable sized patches and arrange on stocking. If using quilting squares, you can go right to arranging.
- Attach the fabric patches with fabric glue. PRO TIP: If using lace fabrics with open spaces, only apply glue to the solid areas.
- Wrap any fabric that is hanging off of the edges around the back. Secure with glue.
- Cover any folds or blank spots on the back with more fabric patches. Attach with glue.
- Place the trim wherever the patches meet to see how much you need; remember you want the trim to wrap around the back so make it long enough to do so. Lay a line of glue along the back of the trim and place over any place where the fabric patches meet. If your trim is iron on, feel free to use an iron to adhere if desired. Allow the glue to dry.
- Fold the top edge back down, hang as desired and enjoy!