- No weights or equipment, no problem. Use everyday household items to workout. Examples: detergent, milk gallons, cans, stock, etc
- PRO-TIP: Load grocery bags with items above to create your desired weight. Make sure to evenly distribute into bags to create balance.
**DISCLAIMER: Consult your physician or health care professional before starting this or any other fitness program to determine if it is right for you.
• Let your elbows hang at your sides. Keeping control by letting your arms relax. Slowly lift only the lower part of your arms up to about the height of your shoulders. Keep your elbows locked.
• If your arms swing during the bicep curl, then you likely have too much weight in your bags (so lighten them up).
PRO-TIP: give your arms a squeeze when you are in lift position to make your bicep curls more effective.
• Tricep extensions will work out the back of your arms. Called Triceps because you have three muscles in that area that you are working out.
• Stagger your stance and bend your upper body slightly angled facing the ground. Support the weight of your body with your hand on your knee. Holding your weight (grocery bag), bring your arm up so that your parallel to the floor. Make sure you keep your arm in a straight horizontal line with your shoulder. You don't want to over lift. Once you are in proper position, just straighten your arm into the extensions.
PRO-TIP: You can hold your arm straight out and still incorporate the same squeeze as bicep curls to make the extension more effective.
PRO-TIP: Make sure you aren’t leaning too far over- it will cause a lot of stress on your lower back. A slight angle is best.
Check out more of Cam's At Home Workouts:
Cam's At Home Workouts: Lower Body >>
Cam’s At Home Workouts: Core Strength >>
Cam's At Home Workout Series: Meditation >>
Watch all-new At Home With Our Family videos weekdays at 4pm EST/3pm CST/1pm PST on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Check out all At Home With Our Family videos, recipes and DIYs >>