**DISCLAIMER: Consult your physician or health care professional before starting this or any other fitness program to determine if it is right for you.
• No weights or equipment, no problem. Use everyday household items to workout. Examples: detergent, milk gallons, cans, stock, etc.
PRO TIP: load grocery bags with items above to create your desired weight. Make sure to evenly distribute into bags to create balance.
• Squats are a great exercise to build muscle in your legs and enhance your core strength.
• Hold bags or weights up to your shoulders. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
Lower your body as though you are sitting in a chair.
• Try to keep your upper body as upright as possible for maximum effect.
PRO TIP: gazing and keeping your chin up as you lower will keep your upper body in proper form during the squat.
• Reverse lunges use pretty much the same muscles as squats do. Building muscle in your legs while enhancing your core strength.
• Start in standing position with both feet together. Take a step back and lower that knee as far down to the floor as you can.
PRO TIP: as you step back, make sure the leg in front supporting does not push forward on your knee and over your toe. This will stress the leg and not give you the desired effect from the workout.
PRO TIP: once you’ve stepped back and are in lunge position, you can keep that position and just bend up and down in multiple reps.
• The further you step back will create more of a workout. Small steps back are easier, while longer steps will create a more difficult workout for those looking to enhance to another level.
Check out more of Cam's At Home Workouts: