Paige Hemmis' DIY Feather Lamp
- Corded pendant light (can get at local hardware store or IKEA)
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
- White paper lantern
- Feather trim ribbon
- Tape measure
1. Unpackage and assemble your paper lantern. Each lantern should come with it’s own instructions (they are usually very easy to set up).
2. Start in the middle of your lantern and mark a straight line all around the circumference of the lantern. You will use this line to make sure that your lines are straight all around the lantern.
3. Continue to make lines around the lantern every two inches down and up from the center line you made.
4. Grab your feather trim and hot glue gun. At the bottom of your lantern, start to hot glue the ribbon part of the feather trim ONLY (do not glue the feather – just the silk/ribbon part). Go around in a circle around the circumference of the lantern.
5. Once you have finished one row, go up to your second line and repeat the process. Repeat this process until the entire lantern is covered with feathers.