DIY Life-Size Nutcracker
- 1 4ft concrete tube (12 inches around)
- 12 inch plywood round
- 14 inch plywood round
- 4 inch PVC pipe - 8 ft.
- Styrofoam balls
- Large round Christmas ornaments
- Brush-on paint
- Masking tape
- Expanding foam glue
- White craft fur
- Embellishments of your choice for eyes, clothing, accessories
1. Create your base by gluing PVC pipe legs to base (14 inch plywood round).
2. Create the body by gluing 12 inch round to bottom of tube, reinforce with screws.
3. Glue the body onto the legs.
4. Take PVC pipe for arms, glue on and reinforce with screws. Place half-way down from top
5. Paint the legs white, the body red, the top black. Let dry.
6. Add embellishments of your choosing. Craft fur for the beard, and hair. Stick-on facial
features from print out on transfer/adhesive paper. A template can be downloaded at
7. Use rope or fabric to decorate epilates for the jacket. Form epilates with an ornament ball
glued to a deli cup, spray-paint gold.
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page