Directions for Newspaper Twine-Top Acorn
1) Take your newspaper and rip it into several different small pieces – this can be random…it doesn’t have to be perfect since it will all go together on the egg.
2) Take your mod podge and sponge paint brush and cover the plastic egg with mod podge.
3) Add strips of newspaper to the egg in random patterns, overlapping so that there are no sections of the easter egg that are exposed.
4) Add mod podge to the top of the newspaper on the egg and set aside to dry.
5) Once dry, grab your glue gun and twine and start adding the twine to the egg about half way up the egg with the large part of the egg on top (this will simulate an acorn).
6) Add beads of hot glue and continue to wrap the egg.
7) When you get towards the top of the egg/acorn, cut a bit of twine to simulate a stem at the top that will be exposed.
8) Cover the bottom of that piece of twine so that it disappears in the wrapping.
9) Voila! You have an acorn!
Directions for Metallic Acorn-Top Acorn
1) Do the similar steps as the acorn above to cover the egg with paper using mod podge.
2) Allow mod podge to dry.
3) Add gold paint to the bottom ¾ of the egg.
4) Add acorns to the top of the jumbo egg using hot glue.
5) Continue this process until the entire top portion of the egg is covered.
Directions for Twine Hay-Top Acorn
1) Cut a piece of the twine that will wrap around the center of your skein.
2) Add the twin around the skein in the middle heading towards the top.
3) Cut a small piece of the twine to act as the stem of the acorn.
4) Add the stem to the top using hot glue.
5) Add some of the excelsior stuffing to the top of the acorn using hot glue. This part doesn’t have to be perfect…think of a rustic feel and you can’t go wrong!
Check out more fun DIY projects at the Home & Family Pinterest Page